The BRC PACKAGING standard, recognised worldwide by the GFSI (Global Food Safety Initiative), is developed specifically for companies that manufacture packaging materials for food, cosmetics, pharmaceuticals and medical products. The BRC is therefore effective in any country in the world.
Its objective is to guarantee food quality and safety in order to respond to consumer demand. The BRC Global Food Packaging standard facilitates the standardisation of quality, safety, operational criteria and compliance with the legal obligations of packaging manufacturers used in the food industry, as well as helping to protect the consumer.
- It allows companies to access markets where this standard is required. Reports on the compliance status of customers that recognise it, especially the large distribution chains.
- Provides a guarantee of the consumer supply chain.
- Introduces and establishes safety and quality criteria agreed upon by suppliers.
- Increases the confidence of customers and end consumers, which represents a competitive advantage and access to new markets.
- It is evidence of compliance with food safety legislation.
- Allows for greater transparency along the entire supply chain.
- It is a worldwide standard recognised by the Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI).